December 29, 2008

Starting Off

Ok, I'm a bit late to the party perhaps, but I'm finally getting around to starting a blog. At the risk of being one of the navel gazers, I'm thinking that this will start out being a place to discuss my resolutions for 2009 and my progress as I move forward.

I'm making the typical resolutions this year, lose weight, get out of debt, but I'm hoping to hold myself more accountable than I have in the past by putting this out in public, so here goes.

I'm a 34 year old male, 6 feet tall and as of today I weigh 282.7 pounds. My goal is to get somewhere in the neighborhood of 225 pounds by the end of 2009. This would still leave me at a weight that would likely be considered borderline unhealthy, but much closer to my ideal weight (and coincidentally my weight when I got married - 10 years ago in October 2009).

At the same time, I'm in debt to credit cards by $22,000. My goal on this isn't yet as specific as this one can't be reduced without my wife's participation, and we haven't yet set this goal. It's my plan to set a specific target with this though in the near future.

So there we go, as of today I'm starting off both goals (why wait until the 1st right :-).

I'll track progress here as well as comment on whatever else I feel like writing about. It's entirely possible that this will only exist for me, but by putting this in public, I feel like I'm creating the right atmosphere for change in my life.

Here we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment